Dr. Lana Nysse's Biography
Dr. Nysse was raised in Rochester, Minnesota. After her undergraduate studies, she worked as a research laboratory technician at Mayo Clinic before she attended dental school at the University of Colorado. She was awarded a full scholarship through the Air Force and went on to attend a 1-year general dentistry residency. She then worked as a general dentist in Korea and Germany. Dr. Nysse then decided to return to the University of Colorado to attend its orthodontic residency program where she received her certificate in orthodontics and Master of Science degree. She was the first in her class to receive American Board of Orthodontics Certification. It is her goal to give every patient the benefits of having a healthy and functional bite as well as a stunning smile. When she found Willamette Dental Group, she couldn’t pass the opportunity to work alongside an amazing team in an environment that felt like home.
Always up for an adventure, she’s known to spend weekends either biking, skiing, rock climbing, or hiking.
- Dental School - University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine
- Residency - 10th Medical Group SGFL USAF Academy - Advanced Education in General Dentistry 12 Months
- University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine - Orthodontics
- Air Force Reserves Dental Officer
- American Dental Association
- American Associates of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Cultural Sensitivity Training